In the left foreground of this view looking southwest along Three Households stands an alehouse, Uncle Tom's Cabin. George Smith, who was also a bricklayer, ran the alehouse at this time, assisted by his wife Elizabeth. The building was eventually demolished and Homefarm Court flats now occupy the site on the south corner of Narcot Lane.
In 1911 it is recorded that James Stevens, assisted by his wife Helen, was a bread baker and confectioner. The shop in the right foreground was their premises, and it appears from the contents of the shop window to have been a general store. Outside stands a gas lampost missing its burner and shade. This building has since been demolished, the site now being a garden on the northeast corner of Meadow View.
In the distance stands a motor car outside the shops in the original Three Households building.