View looking east on Gold Hill Common with The Chestnuts on the left with the crenellated top to its frontage. This was built in 1871 and was for many years the residence of Dr Kirkland the first medical superintendant of the Cottage Hospital, up until his death in 1910. After it was demolished Hibbert Lodge, a County home for the elderly, was built on the site, opening in 1981. It was subsequently redeveloped as part of Mulberry Court Care Home.
The Hibbert family were living in Chalfont Park in Victorian Times, and were resposible for many local acts of philanthropy.