Looking north along Packhorse Road away from the centre of Gerrards Cross, the road dips towards the Misbourne in the distance. On the right, near the junction of South Park Crescent and Packhorse Road, is The Old Lodge, originally Orche Hill Lodge, which was part of the Orche (Orchard) Hill House estate. Orchehill House was approached by three driveways from Lodges on Oxford Road, Lower Road and this one which was demolished in 2005. The Orchehill parkland extended from Marsham Lane to Claydon Lane and was bought up by local estate agents who could see the commercial opportunity for wealthy Londoners to live in this fashionable part of Buckinghamshire. In anticipation of war St Mary's School transferred from London to Orchehill Avenue in 1937, moving to Orchehill House the following year. In this photograph all of the later speculative housing built c1900-15 is hidden from sight, set back behind the mature trees.