A view of the 1933 extension to the hospital (on the far right) as it neared completion. The original 1870s building is left of centre, the 1924 extension to its left and the 1928 extension to its right. The enlarged hospital, funded by the League of Friends and other members of the public, now boasted 36 beds, physiotherapy and X-ray departments, operating theatre, outpatient facilities and dayrooms.
With the advent of the NHS in 1948 the cottage hospital became publically available becoming known as The Chalfonts and Gerrards Cross Hospital. The last remaining ward in the hospital was closed in 2008 and patients were transferred to Amersham Hospital. It is now used for a range of outpatient services.