Dating back to the 15th century, this is reputedly the oldest house in the village. It is a timber framed house developed around a mediaeval central hall. Its ownership can be traced with certainty back to 1623 and, apart from the modern period, was always a farmhouse. Known as Stonewell or Stonewell's Farm, or as in this postcard Breakspeare's Farm, and also occasionaly The Old House. William Nash, butcher, has the property at the time of this picture. He appears to have taken the property some time between 1899 and 1903 by which time Kelly's records him as 'farmer'. By 1908 he is listed as William Elliott Nash and Son, Butchers and Farmers.